I was tagged by Carrianne from Cuppa ‘n Critiques! Thank you so much Carrianne! And I’m really sorry that I am just now getting to this, you tagged me awhile ago XD.
1. Croissant: Name a popular book or series that everyone (including you) love.
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I don’t think this really requires an explanation….is there anyone that has read Harry Potter that didn’t love it???
2. Macaron: Name a book that was hard to get through but worth it at the end.
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. I LOVE this book SOOOO much but it took me forever to finally finish it.
3. Vol-au-vent: Name a book that you thought would be amazing but fell flat.
The 100 by Kass Morgan. I picked up the first book after watching the show and was expecting it to be just as kickass and awesome and….it doesn’t even come close. I mean it was still good but……yeah. It just fell flat. VERY flat.
4. Pain au chocolat: Name a book that you thought would be one thing but turned out to be something else.
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I had this book sitting on my shelf for almost a year and it took me so long to pick it up just because I thought it would be a light and cheesy read. But it turned out to be an awesome story with amazing characters. I fell in love with this book damn near immediately. It is now not only my favorite book but my favorite series….EVER.
5. Profiterole: Name a book or series that doesn’t get enough attention.
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. This book is AMAZING and so unique. I haven’t really heard anyone talk about it which is a tragedy because of how great this book is. I wish everyone would give it a chance.
6. Croquembouche: Name a book or series that’s extremely complex.
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. This book/series has SOOO many twists and turns and betrayals and you just have to hold on and try and keep up and hope that your okay when it’s over. But it’s SOOO good. SO good.
7. Napoleon: Name a movie or TV show based off a book that you liked better than the book itself.
Maze Runner by James Dashner. I bought the book and the movie at the same time right after the movie was released on DVD and I was planning to read the book and immediately watch the movie after. I could not get through the book. I just couldn’t. It’s the ONLY book that I have ever DNF’d. The premise for this series was genius but it just wasn’t written well at all (in my opinion). But I really loved the movie and it portrayed the aforementioned genius premise perfectly and all the characters were great. I just wish the book was better.
8. Empanada: Name a book that was bittersweet.
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. This book is pure perfection but I cried SOOO much while I was reading it. It broke my heart so many times and that epilogue left me in ruins. But it is easily my favorite Cassandra Clare book and I wouldn’t change a single thing that happened in it.
9. Kolompeh: Name a book or series that takes place somewhere other than your home country.
Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. This book takes place on a different planet and on space ships….in space. I do not live on the planet mentioned in this book nor do I live on a space ship….in space.
10. Pate a Choux: Name one food from a book or series that you would like to try.
Cherry scones from Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. Simon says that their the number one thing that he misses the most when he is away from Watford and with the way he talks about them, they must be AMAZING.
This was a lot of fun so thank you again to Carrianne! If there is anyone that would like to do this tag, consider yourself tagged! (Leave me a comment with your link if you do, I’d love to see your answers!)